Thursday, April 8, 2010

Not Much To It

This should be a fairly brief post. One of those fun random posts that can have anything in them, so here goes.

I had an interesting time at the farm today. It rained on and off all day, so Mrs. Perry had me sweeping the transportation building to make things easier for the cleaning lady tomorrow. It took about an hour, though it would have taken less time had Dan not come in with a tour. I had to detour around them and wait a few times as they were in the area I planned to sweep. I then went back to the office, and tried to work on my Demeter Camisole (every time I type that I end up thinking of the musical Cats).

Despite Mrs. Perry's prediction that the rain would keep people away, another tour came in, a family from Ironton, Ohio and their relatives from Utah. I went around with them and a guide I had not met before named Nancy. She was ok, but I think I like working with Dan more. That took the rest of the day. I then decided to go eat at Griffiths and Feil's, an old fashioned soda fountain and pharmacy. I had the Berkley Turkey, a turkey sandwich with a slice of pineapple, cream cheese and sweet mustard. It was really good. I would have liked some ice cream as well, but had to go to work.

While at work, I cast on for a new pair of socks TAAT. It is some of Cyndi Bolt's sock yarn in the Grass and Violets colorway. The needles are Knitpicks Harmony 40' circs, size US 1.5. They are perfect for TAAT socks. The cable is so flexible, you don't even need to soak it to get the kinks out, you can work with it right out of the package. After reading some of the posts on Ravelry, I figured that I could knit from one ball, if I was careful, so I cast on Cookie A's Monkeys. The variegated yarn should look pretty good. Pictures to follow when I remember my camera.

No comments: