Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Reading Challenge

This year, I have decided to join the 2016 Reading Challenge.  I haven't started yet, because I don't want to reread anything and I don't have any new books to read in the house.  Here is the list and I will hopefully be updating it as I go:

A book based on a fairy tale 
A National Book Award winner 
A YA bestseller 
A book you haven’t read since high school 
A book set in your home state (province) 
A book translated to English 
A romance set in the future 
A book set in Europe 
A book that is under 150 pages 
A New York Times bestsellers 
A book that is becoming a movie this year 
A book recommended by someone you just met 
A self improvement book 
A book you can finish in a day 
A book written by a celebrity 
A political memoir 
A book at least 100 years older than you 
A book that is more than 600 pages (will need to figure out the audiobook equivalent, thinking 45 hours). 
A book from Oprah’s Book Club 
A science fiction novel 
A book recommended by a family member 
A graphic novel 
A book published in 2016 
A book that has a protagonist with your occupation. 
A book that takes place during summer 
A book and its prequel 
A murder mystery 
A book written by a comedian 
A dystopian novel 
A book with a blue cover 
A book of peotry 
The first book you see in a bookstore 
A classic from the 20th century 
An autobiography 
A book about a road trip 
A book about a culture you are unfamiliar with 
A satirical book 
A book that takes place on an island 
A book that is guaranteed to bring you joy

I think the first book will be an audiobook of The Hunger Games, since I can listen to the audiobook on YouTube.  I plan to post again tomorrow of my current knitting WIPs. 

No comments: