Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More Hours

Due to a change in the work schedule at Allevard Springs, I am now working 40 hours a week: a four-midnight shift on Tuesday and Wednesday, and my usual midnight to noon shifts on Saturday and Sunday. I can definitely use the money! Even though I am now living with my grandmother and am not paying rent, I still have bills to pay. A loan that I still have about a year and a half left to pay and two credit cards. However, I did decide to take both loans after all. I can use the excess to pay off my credit cards. They are both in-store cards, but they build up fast!

In knitting news, my tank top is finished! I have to take some good pictures and post them later. I have started working on the Spring Forward Sweater from Creative Magazine. I am not entirely happy with the yarn I chose. The Caron’s Simply Soft is not showing up the stitch definition very well. But, I am not going to frog; I am too far along and can live with it.

I am also working on a pair of basic boot socks in worsted weight yarn. I turned the heel of the first one on a bus and the second one in a movie theater before the show started.

School is going pretty good. I think having more than one class in the summer is a mistake, because you have so much coming at you at once. We have studies from the U.S. Civil War up the Cold War at present in just three and half weeks. I had my second test today and did okay (I hope). I am actually looking forward to the Fall semester starting.

No comments: