Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pictures!

It is about time I posted some pictures of my knitting. I have recently finished a few items, made progress on one and am about to cast on another. So, here we go!
The first item is my Grass and Violets tank top. It turned out great, even if the pictures are a bit odd. There was no one to help take the pics, so they are of my reflection in a mirror at my parents.











As you can see, it turned out a little shorter than I had intended. Here is a nice close up.













I also finished my worsted weight socks. I had to redo the heel of the second one after developing a massive gap between needles during the instep decreases, but it was smooth sailing after that. I finished the second sock at the SnB and was going to wait until I got home to graft the toe, but the lovely Nadine offered to do it for me and did a great job. Thank you, Nadine and happy birthday!












Next up is my Spring Forward sweater. It has been going good. The stitch definition is showing up better, but I am having a little trouble with the decreases for the sleeves. Still, I am almost finished with the back.















Tonight, I am going to cast on for another pair of socks. I am going camping this week, and socks are a good travel project. Plus, the colorway is called 'Flames' and I find it delicious to be knitting flaming socks in front of a roaring campfire! The yarn is more of Cyndi Bolt's. This time it is 402 yards of superwash wool. I am thinking of doing a seed stitch instead of the stockinette stitch I usually do.








No comments: