Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

Sorry for not posting for a few months, but I have been insanely busy with both work and school. I am working 40 hours and taking full time classes, so it has been a hectic few months. That, however, has not stopped me from knitting up a storm. I have several projects finished and a few still on the needles.
One of the projects still on the needles is the Spring Forward Sweater. I am about halfway done with the front, with the arm shaping coming up soon. I also cast on a cabled hat, but don't have any current pictures. I decided that my Flames socks should become fingerless mitts instead and still have a ton of the yarn left. Here is
what they look like:
Pretty nice, huh?










I am also working on another pair of socks. They are Kroy stripes in pastel colors. The toe of the first sock was a little wonky and I just finished the gusset decreases on the second sock.












Recently, one of the LYS went out of business. The owner was retiring to spend more time with her grandchildren. So I was able to score some very nice yarn at half off. I went a bit nuts on the Cherry Tree Hill and bought several skeins.

I lucked into two different kinds on yarn, CTH Silk and Merino DK and CTH Silky Kidd in the same colorway and knit a scarf with the two yarns held together. I chose garter stitch so the main focus would be on the yarn and not the pattern, but I was not bored at all! I am apparently easily amused by the color changes! It is finished, but I do not have a good picture, so this will have to do for now:


No comments: