Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another one done

Why the heck didn't I think about knitting dishcloths for Christmas presents before. I mean, usually I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get everything in time. Now, I have finished three presents in about 5 days. I just bound off the Ladybug dishcloth and here it is:















After I finished the Michigan Cherries dishcloth, I realized I still had a ton of yarn left on the ball, so I cast on the Ladybug dishcloth from the same ball. I just figured if it was enough, all well and good and if not, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Well, it did work and I still have a few yards left. See:
I put my tape measure beside it for perspective. I was going to cast on the next dishcloth, but decided to work in my aunt's scarf instead. It is a 2x2 rib in Red Heart Super Saver. It feels a bit weird because I was knitting the dishcloths on US 8s and am knitting the scarf on US 13s, so its odd jumping to the much larger needle size. The scarf looks good. It is about half done and I figure to get more done at school next week. Thank God it is almost time for finals!
I already finished one scarf for my cousin, Kara. Last year, I made my grandmother a 3x3 rib scarf in Lion's Brand Fisherman's Wool. When Kara saw it, she asked for a scarf, only in WVU colors, because she was an undergrad there. So, I knitted it , finished last month, and just need to take a picture of it.

No comments: