Saturday, November 29, 2008

spindling

I forgot to add to yesterday's post that I also drop spindle with a spindle I bought at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I don't much care for it, I don't think the balance is very good. I currently have my eye on a Golding beginner spindling kit that includes a 1.9 oz spindle, coopworth roving and a book called "Spin It". It is $66.00 and I want it so bad. But, I can't afford it at the moment. Maybe in a few months.

In other news, I am halfway through the next dishcloth. I am knitting the patterns from a book I bought at Jo-anns called "Garden Dishcloths to Knit" by Melissa Bergland Burnham. It has several adorable and easy patterns, using only knit and purl. The patterns include a frog, various flowers, a butterfly and things like that. If you are a member of Ravelry, some on her designs are free for downloading.

No comments: