Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Weather

Question I was asked at the gas station today "When did we move to Canada?" The Tri-state region of West Virginia; usually a region of moderate temperatures protected from much snowfall by the mountains around us. Well, not today. It started snowing late last night and has not stopped all today, except when it switches to freezing rain, that is.

Right now the entire area is covered with snow and ice and everyone is praying the power doesn't go out. I got up around 1:00 this afternoon, called Taco Bell to see if the paychecks were in (they were) and hauled my but out of bed to go get and cash mine. After a brief stop at the gas station mentioned above, I got on the road. Now I work a good way from where I live, but it usually only takes about 20-30 minutes to get to Taco Bell. Today it took a good hour. Luckily, my credit union is right next door to Taco Bell.

I finally got my check cashed and headed to Walmart to get chili fixings. If this isn't chili weather, I don't know what is. I visited Jon while there (he works in the electronic dept.) and headed home. The roads were a bit clearer, so it didn't take as long. I then started the chili in the crockpot (I love that thing) and started a new loaf of homemade bread. My last attempt at bread fell flat a bit; it was still raw dough in the middle. This one turned out fine, though.

So, my plans for the rest of today and all of tomorrow is simply to veg, knit my February socks and watch my fave TV show, Most Haunted, on Youtube. I finished my Wavy scarf last night and will hopefully post pics tomorrow. I also began my February socks. They will be green and white striped. The cuff, heel and toe of one will be green and the cuff, heel and toe of the other will be white. Beyond it is just two-row stripes. I will probably post pics of it tomorrow also.

No comments: